21 at 33? 25 or 6 to 4? How about 4 in 36?
That’s the number of times (4) I will see Elton in concert in March and April (in the span of 36 days). (!!!)
And so shall go the Pilgrimage Part Deux:
- Friday, March 9: Ft. Lauderdale
- Saturday, March 10: Orlando
- Tuesday, March 12: Estero
- Saturday, April 14: Las Vegas
Is it crazy? Yes.
Is it self-indulgent? Absolutely!
Does that make me a groupie? Perhaps. I will have seen him live in concert 21 times in 33 years (ah, there’s one degree of separation for you):
- 1979: Back in the USSA Tour (Atlanta)
- 1982: Jump Up! Tour (Atlanta)
- 1984: Breaking Hearts Tour (Hollywood)
- 1988: USA 1988 Tour (Miami)
- 1993: The One Tour (Miami)
- 1995: Face to Face Tour (Miami)
- 1998: Big Picture Tour (Miami)
- 1999: An Evening with Elton John (Atlanta)
- 2002: Face to Face 2002 Tour (Ft. Lauderdale)
- 2005: Peachtree Road Tour (Ft. Lauderdale)
- 2006: The Captain and the Kid (New York)
- 2007: 2007 Tour (Estero)
- 2008: Rocket Man Tour (Gainesville)
- 2010: The Union Tour (via Livestream)
- 2010: The Union Tour (Daytona Beach)
- 2010: The Union Tour (Lakeland)
- 2011: Tribeca Film Festival (via Livestream)
- 2012: 2012 Tour (Ft. Lauderdale)
- 2012: 2012 Tour (Orlando)
- 2012: 2012 Tour (Estero)
- 2012: 2012 Tour (Las Vegas)
I say, bring out the sequins and feather boas and let the groupieness begin!
(By the way, the title of this post is a snippet from the song Sick City, in case you were wondering).